H. Bradford Civil War Papers
Scope and Contents
Photostat of a letter by H. Bradford dated March 20, 1864 to "Sister Mary," that was written at Johnsons Island and refers to the battle of Olustee.
The second item is a document dated May 1862 by Lt. F.L. Villepigue, Recruiting Officer, certifying that Jesse T. Bernard "has enlisted in Captain R.H. Gamble's Light Artillery Company for the war, and is ordered to report at camp on the 6th day of May 1862."
Also known as MSS 0-26.
- Created: 1862-1864
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
0.00 Linear Feet (0 linear feet)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Gift of Florida Division, United Daughters of the Confederacy, Fenton Davis Avant, Historian, Tallahassee, Leon County, Florida.
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Processed February 1965.
- Bradford, H.
- Confederate States of America
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Olustee, Battle of, Olustee, Fla., 1864 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photocopying. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Villepigue, F. L.
- H. Bradford Civil War Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description