Cornelius Curtis Letter to Secretary of the Navy
Scope and Contents
Holograph letter by Cornelius Curtis to "Hon. Gideon Wells," Secretary of the Navy (1863) concerning acts practiced by civil employees of the government in regard to captured Confederate vessels in Florida. Also known as MSS 0-81.
- Other: Majority of material found in 1863
- Other: Date acquired: 04/29/1958
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
1.00 items (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Purchased from Parke-Bernet
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Processed Feburary 4, 1964.
Genre / Form
- Seizure of vessels and cargoes.
- Ships--Confederate States of America
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865
- United States--Politics and government--1861-1865
- Cornelius Curtis Letter to Secretary of the Navy
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note