Columbia County letter
Scope and Contents
This item is a letter in manuscript by A. J. T. Wright, Alligator, October 22, 1855, to Mr. T. W. Brevard, Comptroller, Tallahassee, Leon County, Florida, informing him that the vacancy in the Tax Collector office was occasioned by the resignation of William A. Sheffield, and not by his death. Attached to the letter is this note: "Lake City, known as Alligator before 1859, because of its proximity to an Indian village ruled by a Seminole chief of that name..."
- Other: October 22,1855
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
2.00 items (1 folder)
Language of Materials
Processed May 19, 1964.
- Alligator (Fla.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Columbia County (Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Lake City (Fla.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Columbia County letter
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note