Harry L. Andrews Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection relates to Harry L. Andrews who served as a U.S. naval officer aboard the USS LST-569 during WWII in the Pacific Theater of Operations. This collection contains a letter from Andrews to Dr. William Oldson in which he describes the route his ship takes throughout World War II. The USS LST-569 initially departed from New Orleans on 29 May 1944 and ended in Shanghai, China before being transferred.
- Created: 1944-1946
- Other: Date acquired: 05/13/2000
- Andrews, Harry L. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Born on April 29, 1924, in Brooklyn NY, Harry L. Andrews was the first of nine children born to Harry Andrews and Natalia Seniw. His parents emigrated from Ukraine in the early 1900s and settled in Brooklyn where they had a tailor shop. He served as a naval officer aboard the USS LST-569 during WWII. Harry Lubomir Andrews passed away on September 20, 2011, at Eden Meadows, Oshkosh, WI.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Harry L. Andrews
Method of Acquisition
- Container Ship Routes Subject Source: Local sources
- Landing craft Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- New Orleans (La.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--China Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Pacific Area Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--China--Shanghai Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Pacific Ocean--Naval operations, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Harry L. Andrews Papers
- Huaqing Shi
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note