Katherine Moore Morse Collection
Scope and Contents
The Katherine Moore Morse Collection includes several playbills and photographs from productions at Florida State College for Women (FSCW); mementos from Miss Sarah Thomson, an FSCW distinguished faculty member; class work from her Speech and Theater classes; various scripts; newspaper clippings related to Morse herself or FSCW; general memorabilia from Zeta Phi Eta, an honorary fraternity related to the Speech and Communication Arts; general memorabilia from FSCW during the 1940s; and correspondence from one of her aunts.
- Created: 1891 - 2007
- Other: Majority of material found in 1943 - 1947
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
To request permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from the archives, please contact Heritage & University Archives, Florida State University Libraries, Tallahassee, Florida. Researchers must obtain separate permission from the copyright holders of material held within University Archives collections for which the institution does not hold copyright.
Biographical or Historical Information
Katherine Moore Morse attended Florida State College for Women from 1943 to 1947, where she was a major presence in the Speech Department. During her time at FSCW, she was involved in many theatrical productions, acting as director, make-up artist, and actor. After graduation in 1947, she lived in Saudi Arabia for 8 years with her husband before returning to Florida. Upon her return, she worked in the Hillsborough County (FL) school system as a teacher and speech therapist.
2.50 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Organized by record type.
Method of Acquisition
Collection given by Katherine Moore Morse on October 24, 2007 and November 6, 2008.
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Collection processed by Sara Duff in January, 2009.
- Florida State College
- Florida State College for Women--Alumni and alumnae Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida State College for Women--Faculty Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida State College for Women--History Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida State College for Women--Songs and music Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida State College for Women--Students Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives Subject Source: Lctgm
- Morse, Katherine Moore
- Thomson, Sarah Elizabeth
- Katherine Moore Morse Collection
- Sara Duff
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US