Linville E. Evans papers
Scope and Contents
This collection relates to Linville E. Evans who served in the U.S. Navy as a Chief Boatswain's Mate on the U.S.S. San Juan (CL-54) Atlanta-class light cruiser in the Pacific Theater during World War II. The collection includes photographs, documents, a newspaper clipping about the San Juan, a ship's newsletter, and two histories of the vessel.
- Other: Date acquired: 08/13/2018
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Linville E. Evans was born on October 12, 1910, in Winston-Salem, NC. Veola Allen Evans was born on September 19, 1912, in Georgia. She passed away on August 10, 1996, in Greensboro, NC. Linville E. Evans passed away on September 2, 1984, in Greensboro, NC. Linville and Veola were married on February 22, 1936, in Chatham County, GA and remained together throughout their lives.
Language of Materials
This collection was donated by James E. Evans, son of Linville E. Evans. The collection was acquired by the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience on August 13, 2018.
Transferred from the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience to FSU Libraries Special Collections & Archives in July 2022.
- Guadalcanal, Battle of, Solomon Islands, 1942-1943 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Iwo Jima, Battle of, Japan, 1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- New Caledonia Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- San Francisco (Calif.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Shiseidō (Tokyo, Japan)
- Winston-Salem (N.C.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- World War, 1939-1945--Japan Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Naval operations Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Linville E. Evans papers
- Michael G. Kasper
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description