Florida State University Libraries Proposed Amendments to Florida State University Constitution
Collection — Box: 1818
Identifier: MSS 2009-002
Scope and Contents
This collection is comprised of documents pertaining to librarian faculty status dating from 1956-1958. The documents contained in the collection include letters between Florida State University (FSU)'s assistant librarian, Florence Bethea and the Constitution Committee's Chairman, Robert Miller, notes and suggestions for proposed amendments to the constitution, and copies of proposed constitutions. There are significant gaps in the collection. The earliest dated document is February 23, 1956 and the remainder covers the last few months in 1958.
- Created: 1956-1958
- Bethea, Florence Strobel (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
To request permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from the archives, please contact Heritage & University Archives, Florida State University Libraries, Tallahassee, Florida. Researchers must obtain separate permission from the copyright holders of material held within University Archives collections for which the institution does not hold copyright.
Biographical or Historical Information
The collection pertains to proposed changes to the Florida State University (FSU) Constitution regarding faculty status for FSU librarians. The collection documents discussions regarding what constitutes tenure/faculty status and the implications such changes could have on the role FSU librarians play as university professionals.
Language of Materials
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of collection available online?: No
Processed by Jordan Andrade in January 2009.
- Bethea, Florence Strobel, 1904-1990
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives Subject Source: Lctgm
- Florida State University--Faculty Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University--Library Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Legal documents. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Miller, Robert D.
- Florida State University Libraries Proposed Amendments to Florida State University Constitution
- Jordon Andrade
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note