Florida Commission World's Fair Promotional Materials
Scope and Contents
Press releases, correspondence, and promotional publications issued by the Florida Commissions for the World's Fairs of 1933 (Chicago) and 1939 (New York City).
- Created: 1931-1939
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
The Florida Commission Of A Century Of Progress created the Department of Promotion in DeLand, Florida in 1931 in anticipation of the World’s Fair in Chicago in 1933. Its purpose was to report on stories of interest to Floridians that may not receive widespread news coverage in larger newspapers. Stories were sent via telegraph from staff located at the World’s Fair location in Chicago to the Department of Promotion in DeLand, for further distribution to Florida newspapers.
Note written by Paige Downey
1.00 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Arranged into series chronologically by World's Fair. Series are subdivided by documentary format and chronologically thereunder.
Finding aid published November 30, 2016.
- Century of Progress International Exposition (1933-1934 : Chicago, Ill.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Citrus fruit industry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- New York World's Fair (1939-1940 : New York, N.Y.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida Commission World's Fair Promotional Materials
- Paige Downey
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note