Florida State University Phi Alpha Theta Records
Scope and Contents
This collection includes a minutes book of the Phi Alpha Theta, dated April 4, 1934 to May 29, 1948 and a treasurer's book of the Delta Chapter of Phi Alpha Theta dated January 1947 to April 29, 1980. This second book also includes fourteen pages of chapter minutes dated Feb. 11, 1949 through Dec. 5, 1953.
- Other: Date acquired: 09/1991
- Phi Alpha Theta (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
To request permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from the archives, please contact Heritage & University Archives, Florida State University Libraries, Tallahassee, Florida. Researchers must obtain separate permission from the copyright holders of material held within University Archives collections for which the institution does not hold copyright.
Biographical or Historical Information
Phi Alpha Theta is an International Honor Society in History whose purpose is to promote the study of history. The society was founded in 1916 and by the mid-1990s had more than 1500 chapters internationally.
2.00 folders (2 folders.)
Language of Materials
Processed March 1992
- Financial Records Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives Subject Source: Lctgm
- Greek letter societies--Florida--Tallahassee Subject Source: Local sources
- Minutes Subject Source: Local sources
- Phi Alpha Theta
- Florida State University Phi Alpha Theta Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note