Dr. Bertram Davis Newspaper Collection
Scope and Contents
Collection of 17th-19th century newspapers from London and Nottingham, England and Edinburgh, Scotland. Includes MSS 90-13, MSS 90-14, MSS 90-15 and MSS 90-16.
- created: 1682-1810
- Davis, Bertram H. (Bertram Hylton) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to research.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast, or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Given by Bertram Davis.
Existence and Location of Originals
Portions of this collection can be viewed online through the FSU Digital Library.
Genre / Form
- English newspapers
- Great Britain--Civilization--Periodicals--Archival resources
- Great Britain--History--Charles II, 1660-1685--Sources.
- Great Britain--History--Restoration, 1660-1688
- Great Britain--Intellectual life.
- Great Britain--Politics and government--1660-1688--Periodicals--Archival resources
- Dr. Bertram Davis Newspaper Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note