Florida Archaeology Scrapbook
Scope and Contents
The scrapbook consists of newspaper clippings, from 1928 through 1937, which are not arranged in chronological order, relating to Indian mounds and relics found in Florida. A label on the cover reads: "Archaeology, Ethnology, Indian Mounds." Also known as MSS 0-111
- Created: 1928-1937
- Other: Date acquired: 10/13/1967
- Smith, Hale G. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Dr. Hale Smith, chairman of the Department of Anthropology and Archaeology at Florida State University sent this scrapbook to the library, expressing the wish that it should be kept in the library's "archives."
Processed September 13, 1973. Originally part of vertical files.
- Excavations (Archaeology)--Florida. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida--Antiquities--Archival resources Subject Source: Local sources
- Indians of North America--Florida--Antiquities--Archives Subject Source: Local sources
- Mounds--Florida--Archival resources Subject Source: Local sources
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Smith, Hale G.
- Florida Archaeology Scrapbook
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US