Florida State University President's Report
Scope and Contents
There is a gap in the collection from the 1912/1914 report to the 1922/1924 report. A copy of the President's Report for the years included in the gap and prior to the 1912/1914 report can be found in the Report of the Board of Control of the State Educational Institutions of Florida, Strozier, Documents Florida--L136 .B155.
The President's Report includes a report from the President to the State of Florida, Board of Control along with reports from the Dean of Faculties, Dean of Students, deans of academic departments, Librarian, Personnel Office, Business Manager, Registrar and other administrative officers and departmental heads. These reports include information on enrollment, budgets, salaries, buildings, curriculum and the activities of the office or department during the biennium.
Select materials from this collection have been digitized and are available through the FSU Digital Library as part of a larger university publication collection.
- Created: 1912-1964
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
To request permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from the archives, please contact Heritage & University Archives, Florida State University Libraries, Tallahassee, Florida. Researchers must obtain separate permission from the copyright holders of material held within University Archives collections for which the institution does not hold copyright.
Biographical or Historical Information
The chief executive officer of Florida State University and its predecessor institutions has always been the President, a title that has been in use since 1887. From 1905-1965 the State of Florida, Board of Control was the governing body for the state university system, which included all public universities. Biennial reports from the Office of the President of Florida State College for Women (FSCW) and Florida State University were submitted to the State of Florida, Board of Control for the purpose of presenting a concise picture of the institution and its achievements and needs over two academic years.
1.60 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Office of the President
Method of Acquisition
Processed by Gina Woodward in December 2007.
- Blackwell, Gordon W. (Gordon Williams), 1911-2004
- Campbell, Doak S. (Doak Sheridan), 1888-1973.
- Carothers, Milton W., 1899-1980
- Conradi, Edward, 1869-1944
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives Subject Source: Lctgm
- Florida State University--Presidents Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University. Office of the President
- Reports Subject Source: Local sources
- Strozier, Robert M. (Robert Manning), 1906-1960
- Florida State University President's Report
- Gina Woodward
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note