Dorothea Leona Dubler Papers
Collection — Container: Personal Papers
Identifier: MSS 2011-0503
Published and unpublished poetry, chapbooks, documents, scrapbooks, photographs, and slides documenting the life and work of poet Dorothea Leona Dubler, 1959-2010.
- Created: 1959 - 2010
- Other: Majority of material found in 1985-1998
- Other: Date acquired: 05/03/2011
- Dubler, Dorothea Leona (Person)
Biographical or Historical Information
Dorothea Leona Dubler is an award-winning poet, artist, and art educator. She was born in Jacksonville, Florida. Dorothea Dubler has published plays, music, poetry, and scholarly journal articles. Her art has been collected by the Miami Museum of Modern Art (where she received an award for her sculpture) and the Deland Art Museum. She received her bachelor's degree in education from the University of Miami, Coral Gables, in 1957 and her Master of Arts Education and Educational Supervision from Florida State University in 1962, with post graduate study in psychology and guidance from University of Miami and Florida Atlantic University.
Dorothea Dubler taught in public schools in Dade and Volusia counties from 1957 to 1977, and opened an art school in Franklin, North Carolina, called the Paintbox Farm. She has invented teaching aids and holds the patent for a stackable art easel she created for use in classroom art instruction. She is a member of the Phi Kappa Phi and Kappa Delta Pi honor societies and is a founding member and past president of the First Florida Poets Chapter of the Florida State Poets Association.
Note written by S. Morris
Language of Materials
Arranged into three series: Writings; Scrapbook Items; Slides. The scrapbook items refer to newspaper clippings, photographs, published articles and other related materials.
Shipped to Special Collections by Dorothea Dubler via J.R. Dubler, 2011.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition
Donated by Dorothea Leona Dubler, 2011.
Other Descriptive Information
Dorothea Dubler's poetry has also been collected by Baylor University, the University of Miami archives, and the DeLand Public Library.
- Dubler, Dorothea Leona
- Education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Music Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Plays. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Poetry Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Poets Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dorothea Leona Dubler Papers
- S. Morris & Joshua Somers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note