James Phin. Willson Manuscript of Battle of Natural Bridge
Scope and Contents
Photographic copy of manuscript by James Phin. Willson, Druggist to K.L.A., relating to the Battle of Natural Bridge (1865). The twenty-four-page manuscript is titled, "MS. No. 9, Third Series Pages - 1007. Written 1865. To Miss Joanna D. Willson of Missouri." The following page reads: "To the special care of Miss Joanna D. Willson - the present manuscript is respectfully affectionately dedicated by her devoted brother, the author. The within contains, in addition to its personal introduction, a private, graphic description of the events...incidental to the military exploit under Brigadier Gen. William Miller, near Tallahassee, Florida, March 4th, 5th, and 6th, 1865."
Also known as MSS 0-264.
- Other: Majority of material found in 1865
- Other: Date acquired: 10/01/1963
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
1.00 items (1 folder)
0 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Copied from originals held by John E. Perkins
Processed May 1965
- Battles Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Confederate States of America
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Miller, William, 1820-1909
- Natural Bridge (Fla.), Battle of, 1865 Subject Source: Local sources
- Photocopying. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Willson, James Phin
- James Phin. Willson Manuscript of Battle of Natural Bridge
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note