John Robert Denny papers
Scope and Contents
The collection of John Robert Denny contains an oral history transcript of an interview provided by the Reichelt Program for Oral History. Also included in the collection are newspapers, a map, a manuscript, letters, artifacts, fine art, documents, photographs, and ephemera. There are also letters from Denny to his parents.
- Created: 1944-1946
- Other: Majority of material found in 1945
- Other: Date acquired: 09/10/1998
- Denny, John Robert, 1926- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
John Robert Denny served with the 165th Combat Engineers in the European Theater (ETO) during World War II. He was shipped over as a replacement in early 1945 and was assigned to the 165th Combat Engineers. He remained in Europe as part of the occupation force after the war ended and spent most of his time in southern Germany and Austria. He worked at the Infantry Replacement Center from June 1944 to August 1946. He was a Private Technician Fifth Grade.
Language of Materials
Transferred from the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience to FSU Libraries Special Collections & Archives in July 2022.
Source of Acquisition
John Robert Denny
Method of Acquisition
- Austria Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Germany Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Germany--History--1933-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army
- United States. Army Ground Forces Subject Source: Lcnaf
- United States. Army--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army--Military life Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. Engineer Combat Battalion, 165th Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army. European Theater of Operations
- World War, 1939-1945--Austria Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- John Robert Denny papers
- Craig Whittington
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note