Scope and Contents
Twenty-six fragments of papyrus with Greek text. Sixteen fragments are known to be orders to bankers to pay out various sums.
Finding aid includes citations for text descriptions in Roger S. Bagnall & R. Bogaert, "Orders For Payment From a Banker's Archive: Papyri in the Collection of Florida State University." Ancient Society 6 (1975): 79-108.
- Created: 87 - 84 BCE
- Other: Date acquired: 00/00/1973
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast, or otherwise reproduce from archival materials must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Language of Materials
- Banks and banking Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Banks and banking--Egypt--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts, Greek (Papyri)--Egypt Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Papyrus Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Papyrus Fragments
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the FSU Special Collections & Archives Repository
116 Honors Way
PO Box 3062047
Tallahassee FL 32306-2047 US