World War I and II Papers
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of two groups of items. There are three army regulations post cards dated "Somewhere in France," which are acknowledgement of thanks from soldiers at the front, and they are addressed to Miss C. Tracey at Erie, Pennsylvania, 1918. The other part of this collection is a newspaper, The Stars and Stripes, dated Tuesday, May 8, 1945, with headlines "Nazis Quit." With the newspaper are two arm bands of the Nazi armed forces, one red and black and one black on yellow.
- Created: 1918-1945
- Other: Majority of material found in 1918, 1945
- Other: Date acquired: 04/01/1935
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
6.00 items (1 folder)
0 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Gift of Miss Anna May Tracy
Method of Acquisition
WWII items received 1945.
Processed August 1971.
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- World War, 1914-1918 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War I and II Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note