Ann Kirn Collection
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of books, with corresponding manuscripts, galleys and artwork related to each book. The books are accompanied by different versions of manuscripts, and both author's and editor's galleys, along with layout sketches and early drawings for each book.
- Created: 1939-1974
- Other: Date acquired: 09/09/2011
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Ann Kirn was professor of art at Florida State University as well as illustrator and writer of 14 children's books Her books include adaptations of folk tales and narratives based on her research and travel experiences.
18.30 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
The books are in alphabetical order, and under each book are the galleys, followed by the manuscripts, followed by the layout sketches and drawings.
- Authors Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Drawing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ann Kirn Collection
- Angela Hassebroek
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note