Cromartie Land Records
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: 01-MSS 2017-001
Scope and Contents
Documentation of the land holdings of Alexander Cromartie (1807-1870) of Leon County, Florida. Includes an 1868 manuscript land indenture transferring two parcels of land to Cromartie's son, Alexander G. Cromartie; and an 1870 map by surveyor W. L. Robeson, detailing the division of Cromartie's 978 acres near Lake Iamonia after his death.
- Created: 1868, 1870
- Other: Date acquired: 03/12/2016
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
1.50 Linear Feet
2 items other_unmapped
Purchased Lakewood Fairgrounds, March 1988, John N. Ats(sp?)
Method of Acquisition
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Iamonia, Lake (Leon County, Fla.) Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maps Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cromartie Land Records
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description