Ella Rogozinski manuscript
Scope and Contents
This manuscript documents the life of Ella Rogozinski who was an Auschwitz Concentration Camp survivor from Czechoslovakia.
- Created: 1943-1950
- Other: Majority of material found in 1943-1945
- Other: Date acquired: 08/28/2000
- Albert, Scott (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Scott Albert conducted an interview with Ella Rogozinski in 2000. The transcript includes information about her life before and after Auschwitz as well as the manuscript of the interview. Titled "Ella Rogozinski, a Survivor," his paper was written for Dr. William Oldson's EUH4241 Holocaust class at Florida State University and was presented on August 2, 2000. Ella Rogozinski was born in Czechoslovakia to a Jewish family. Along with her family, she was removed from her home by SS soldiers in May 1943. Ella's interview includes her memories of the train ride to Auschwitz, a brief description of forced experimentation, and daily life in Auschwitz. According to her memory, she recounts the death march to Belgrade, Belgium, and liberation by American soldiers.
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition
Acquired through donation to the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience.
- Auschwitz (Concentration camp)
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. (Dwight David), 1890-1969
- Holocaust Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Holocaust survivors Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Human experimentation in medicine--Germany--History--20th century Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Jewish women in the Holocaust--Personal narratives Subject Source: Local sources
- World War, 1939-1945--Atrocities Subject Source: Lcnaf
- World War, 1939-1945--Czechoslovakia Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Europe Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Women Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ella Rogozinski manuscript
- Brianna A. McLean
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note