Kathryn Trimmer Abbey Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of a holographic manuscript of Florida land of change, published by the University of North Carolina Press in Chapel Hill in 1941. This manuscript was written in 58 blue examination books dated April 24, 1941.
- April 24, 1941
- Hanna, Kathryn Abbey (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Kathryn Trimmer Abbey (Hanna) was born in Chicago, IL on November 5, 1895. She received her PhD in History from Northwestern University and was hired as a Professor of History at Florida State College for Women in 1926. Abbey remained at FSCW until she married Alfred Jackson Hanna in 1941 and retired from teaching. She authored several books on Florida History and co-authored several others with her husband. She served for a time as the head of the Southern Historical Association. Hanna died in April 1967.
2.00 folders (2 folders.)
0 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Kathryn Trimmer Abbey
Method of Acquisition
Finding Aid updated from paper version 4/11/17 KT
- Authors, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Florida--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kathryn Trimmer Abbey Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note