Bertie Badger Moyers Papers
Identifier: MSS 1987-005
Scope and Contents
The collection includes stories, serial rights, radio rights and scripts, and lyrics written by Bertie Badger Moyers. The radio and serial rights and scripts form the bulk of the collection and date from the early 1920s. Also included, is one book entitled Motion Picture Studio Directory and Trade Annual, in which there is an entry for Ms. Moyers on page 324.
- Created: 1916-1964
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Biographical or Historical Information
Bertie Badger Moyers was born in Louisville, Kentucky on June 22, 1871, but in early childhood began coming to Central Florida with her parents for vacation. She and her husband Godfrey lived in thirty-five different places before settling in Winter Park, Florida. Moyers wrote screenplays, short stories, articles, radio scripts, and poetry. At 71, she became a song-writer, and some of her songs were heard on radio stations in Orlando, Florida. Her sister, Emily Badger Green, was a writer.
1.25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Given by Moyers Family
Processed May 1987.
- Broadcasting. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Literature Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscripts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Motion picture industry--United States. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Moyers, Bertie Badger
- Radio broadcasting--United States--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Radio scripts. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Short stories. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Bertie Badger Moyers Papers
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note