Seminole Indians Miccosukee Tribe Collection
Scope and Contents
Photocopies of letters and briefs regarding the Seminole Indians in Florida and specifically the Everglades Miccosukee Tribe. Correspondents include Grady L. Crawford, Virgil H. Harington, Richard W. Ervin, LeRoy Collins and Max Denton. Also included in the collection is a "Proposed Charter of the Seminole Indians of Florida," and a brief entitled, "The Miccosukee Nation Identity and Rights," written by the Counsel for the Everglades Miccosukee Tribes of Seminole Indians.
Also known as MSS 1-15.
- Created: 1957-1959
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
All requests for permission to quote, publish, broadcast or otherwise reproduce from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Associate Dean for Special Collections & Archives. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Florida State University Libraries as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
10.00 items (1 folder)
0 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Source of Acquisition
Given by George R. Fairbanks
Processed May 1979.
- Collins, LeRoy
- Correspondence Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections Subject Source: Local sources
- Legal documents. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Miccosukee Tribe of Indians of Florida Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Mikasuki Indians. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Seminole Indians. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Seminole Tribe of Florida, Dania, Big Cypress, Brighton, Hollywood & Tampa Reservations Subject Source: Lcnaf
- Seminole Indians Miccosukee Tribe Collection
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note