Frank Louis Lash collection
This collection relates to Frank Louis Lash who served as a Captain pilot in the U.S. Army Air Corps in the 587th squadron, 394th Bomb Group in the 8th Air Force which was based in England. The collection consists of a mechanical navigational watch and a brief manuscript detailing how the watch was acquired.
- Event: Majority of material found within 1943-1945
- Ritchie, Paulette Lash (Author, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open to all researchers.
Conditions Governing Use
Permission to publish, exhibit, or broadcast works from the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience must be requested and granted in writing by the director of the Institute. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the Institute on World War II as the owner of the physical items and the copyright holder. Possession of a copy of an item does not constitute permission to publish, exhibit, or broadcast it. The Institute on World War II and the Human Experience reserves the right to refuse permission to individuals and publishers who have not complied with its policies. Permission fees must be paid before images are provided. Please contact the director of the Institute on World War II and the Human Experience for current publication and duplication rates.
Biographical / Historical
Frank Louis Lash was born January 22nd, 1920. Joining the army in June 1941, Lash served as a Captain in the U.S. Army Air Corps from September 1943 - November 1945. He served in the 587th squadron, 394th Bomb Group in the 8th Air Force, flying in 48 missions. He passed away on August 20, 2006 and is buried at the Florida National Cemetery, Bushnell, Sumter County, FL. The manuscript tells the story of how the watch was acquired; there is a mistake because the air group to which Lash was assigned belonged to the 8th Air Force, not 9th as his daughter wrote.
1 folders (1 folder)
Language of Materials
- B-29 (Bomber) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Lash, Frank Louis, 1920-2006
- Navigation Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 8th
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bomb Group, 394th
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Group (Medium), 394th
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Aerial operations, American Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- World War, 1939-1945--Europe Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Frank Louis Lash collection
- Beatrice Dain
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description