Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Cecil Blumenstein (served 1943-1945) discusses his experiences in the 13th Armored Division in Germany in the winter and spring of 1945. Blumenstein was captured and spent a brief period of time in a POW camp before being liberated and sent back to the front. He fought in several engagements. This collection consists of an interview transcript.
This collection contains a transcript of an interview with Raymond F. Bricker conducted by David Gregory on April 17, 1999. It details his time in the U.S. Army from 1941 through 1945. Raymond F. Bricker served with the 82nd Airborne Division during World War II.
This collection contains an oral history transcript of Staff Sergeant Charles Diedling, a flight engineer on a B-24 with the 460th Bomb Group at Spinazola, Italy. Charles Diedling discusses his training as a flight engineer and waist gunner for the B-24 at Keesler AFB, Mississippi and Loredo AFB, Texas. In June of 1944, he was assigned to the 460th Bomb Group of the 15th Air Force in Spinazola, Italy. Diedling was shot down over Germany becoming a prisoner of war.
This collection consists of an oral history transcript of an interview with 2nd Lt. James J. Crooke, who served in World War II. Crooke served in the Army Air Corps with the 303rd Bomb Group in the European Theater (ETO).
This collection relates to David Westheimer who served as a 1st Lieutenant Navigator on a B-24 Bomber with the 457th Bomb Group during World War II and was shot down over Italy where he became a POW. This collection consists of an oral history transcript of David Westheimer.
This folder contains the oral history of William Coleman recorded on May 15, 2003. Coleman served with the 101st Airborne Division in England and participated in the June 6, 1944 D-Day airborne operation into Normandy, France. He was later captured by German troops and spent time in a prisoner of war camp.
- World War, 1939-1945 7
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany 4
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American 4
- Prisoners of war 3
- Prisoners of war--Austria--History--20th century 3
- Prisoners of war--United States 3
- United States. Army Air Forces--Military life 3
- United States. Army--History 3
- World War, 1939-1945--Aerial operations, American--Personal narratives 3
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--France--Normandy 3
- World War, 1939-1945--Prisoners and prisons 3
- World War, 1939-1945--Prisoners and prisons, German 3
- B-17 bomber 2
- Germany--History--1933-1945 2
- Jewish soldiers--United States 2
- Prisoners of war--Germany--History--20th century 2
- Stalag Luft VII 2
- United States. Army Ground Forces 2
- United States. Army--Military life 2 ∧ less
- United States. Army 3
- United States. Army Air Forces 3
- Fort Benning (Ga.) 2
- United States. Army. Mediterranean Theater of Operations 2
- American Red Cross 1
- Blumenstein, Cecil, 1925-2015 1
- Bricker, Raymond F., 1915-2001 1
- Cadoret, Roland 1
- Cittadini, Joseph L. 1
- Coleman, William C. 1
- Crooke, James 1
- Diedling, Charles 1
- International Committee of the Red Cross. Central Agency for Prisoners of War 1
- Lockett, James 1
- Patton, George S. (George Smith), 1885-1945 1
- Stalag Luft III 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 15th 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 8th 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Bombardment Group (H), 460th 1 ∧ less