Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
This collection contains the oral history transcript of Lieutenant Colonel Eugene A. Dance pertaining to his World War II service as a First Lieutenant serving in Europe. Oral history transcript states that Eugene Dance (served 1941-46) discusses his experiences in the 38th Infantry Division and the 101st Airborne in World War II.
This collection relates to James W. George who served as a Chief Master Sergeant in the 9th U.S Army Air Force. Wilmot R. George was James George's brother and also served in the European Theater. He served as a Tech Sergeant and received a Silver Star. This collection contains a one-page handwritten summary of James George's military service and ten-page memoir of his brother Wilmont's service during the Second World War.
This collection contains the oral history interview transcript of Mark Donald Tompkins. Tompkins served in the U.S. Army during World War II as a medic assigned to the 471st Quartermaster Trucking Regiment under General Omar Bradley.
Mario Joseph Patruno's collection includes a manuscript/oral history that covers his service in the 101st Airborne through his wounding in Operation Market Garden. The collection also includes three photographs, two of Patruno and one photograph taken inside Patruno's C-47 Transport on the night of 5 June 1944.
This folder contains the oral history of William Coleman recorded on May 15, 2003. Coleman served with the 101st Airborne Division in England and participated in the June 6, 1944 D-Day airborne operation into Normandy, France. He was later captured by German troops and spent time in a prisoner of war camp.
This collection relates to William R. Haussmann who served during World War II in the European Theater with the 4th Cavalry Group. This collection contains photographs and a memoir.
- United States. Army Ground Forces 8
- United States. Army--History 7
- United States. Army--Military life 7
- World War, 1939-1945 5
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany 5
- Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945 4
- World War, 1939-1945--United States 4
- World War, 1939-1945--Austria 3
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany--Mainz (Rhineland-Palatinate) 3
- Bronze Star Medal (U.S.) 2
- Prisoners of war--Europe--Interviews 2
- Silver Star 2
- United States. Army Air Forces--Military life 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Prisoners and prisons, American 2
- Ada (Okla.) 1
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944 1
- B-17 bomber 1
- Bastogne, Battle of, 1944-1945 1 + ∧ less
- United States. Army 8
- United States. Army. Airborne Division, 101st 4
- Camp Blanding (Fla.) 2
- Fort Benning (Ga.) 2
- United States. Army Air Forces 2
- Cadoret, Roland 1
- Coleman, William C. 1
- Dance, Eugene, March 5, 1921- 1
- George, James W. 1
- George, Wilmont. 1
- Germany (Territory under Allied occupation, 1945-1955 : U.S. Zone). Office of Military Government 1
- Haussmann, William R. 1
- Patruno, Mario Joseph 1
- Pentagon 1
- Smith, Carlton K. 1
- Stern, Herman 1
- Tompkins, Mark Donald 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 8th 1
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th 1 + ∧ less