Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Jack Appel transcript
James A. Armstrong collection
This collection relates to Technical Sergeant James A. Armstrong who served 691st Ordnance Company in the European Theater of Operation. He participated beginning with the Normandy Campaign and each subsequent campaign with the company through to Germany. After the war, he was also commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant Ammunition Supply Officer and assigned to the 633rd Ordnance Company. The collection contains letters, military documents, and photographs.
William R. Auld papers
The William R. Auld papers include over 800 photographs taken by Major William R. Auld who served with the 31st Photo Reconnaissance Squadron of the Ninth Army Air Force following General George S. Patton throughout the United States, England, France, and Germany. The William R. Auld papers also include various sketches done by one of his comrades, a promotion notice, and two poems.
Eugene Dance transcript
This collection contains the oral history transcript of Lieutenant Colonel Eugene A. Dance pertaining to his World War II service as a First Lieutenant serving in Europe. Oral history transcript states that Eugene Dance (served 1941-46) discusses his experiences in the 38th Infantry Division and the 101st Airborne in World War II.
Frank Facente transcript
The Frank Facente transcript describes medic Frank Facente's service in the 4th Medical Battalion, 4th Infantry Division, as a part of the United States Army during World War II. Facente participated in the landing at Normandy, attacking the Siegfried Line, Battle of Huertgen Forest, Battle of the Bulge, and visiting the concentration camp at Dachau.
James W. George papers
This collection relates to James W. George who served as a Chief Master Sergeant in the 9th U.S Army Air Force. Wilmot R. George was James George's brother and also served in the European Theater. He served as a Tech Sergeant and received a Silver Star. This collection contains a one-page handwritten summary of James George's military service and ten-page memoir of his brother Wilmont's service during the Second World War.
Mark Donald Tompkins transcript
This collection contains the oral history interview transcript of Mark Donald Tompkins. Tompkins served in the U.S. Army during World War II as a medic assigned to the 471st Quartermaster Trucking Regiment under General Omar Bradley.
Mario Joseph Patruno papers
Mario Joseph Patruno's collection includes a manuscript/oral history that covers his service in the 101st Airborne through his wounding in Operation Market Garden. The collection also includes three photographs, two of Patruno and one photograph taken inside Patruno's C-47 Transport on the night of 5 June 1944.
Dr. Donald R. Roberts collection
This collection relates to Dr. Donald R. Roberts who served as a World War II surgeon with the 47th Regiment, 9th Infantry Division in North Africa and Europe. This collection contains his memoir titled The Other War: A World War II Journal where he details his time at Fort Bragg, in North Africa, Sicily, England, Normandy, Belgium, Germany, and Dachau.
Roland Cadoret papers
Carlton K. Smith papers
Herman Stern papers
William C. Coleman transcript
This folder contains the oral history of William Coleman recorded on May 15, 2003. Coleman served with the 101st Airborne Division in England and participated in the June 6, 1944 D-Day airborne operation into Normandy, France. He was later captured by German troops and spent time in a prisoner of war camp.
William R. Haussmann papers
This collection relates to William R. Haussmann who served during World War II in the European Theater with the 4th Cavalry Group. This collection contains photographs and a memoir.
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--France--Normandy 13
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany 10
- United States. Army Ground Forces 8
- United States. Army--History 7
- United States. Army--Military life 7
- World War, 1939-1945 6
- World War, 1939-1945--France 5
- World War, 1939-1945--United States 5
- Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945 4
- World War, 1939-1945--Austria 4
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany--Mainz (Rhineland-Palatinate) 4
- Military Discharge--United States 3
- World War, 1939-1945--Great Britain 3
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American 3
- Bastogne, Battle of, 1944-1945 2
- Bronze Star Medal (U.S.) 2
- Buchenwald (Concentration camp) 2
- Cherbourg (France) 2
- Dachau (Concentration camp) 2
- Hürtgen Forest, Battle of, Germany, 1944 2 + ∧ less
- French 1
- United States. Army 10
- United States. Army. European Theater of Operations 9
- United States. Army. Airborne Division, 101st 4
- Camp Blanding (Fla.) 2
- Fort Benning (Ga.) 2
- United States. Army Air Forces 2
- United States. Army Air Forces. Air Force, 9th 2
- Appel, Jack, 1923- 1
- Armstrong, James Alfred, Jr., 1917-1978 1
- Auld, William R., 1914-1969 1
- Cadoret, Roland 1
- Coleman, William C. 1
- Dance, Eugene, March 5, 1921- 1
- Facente, Frank 1
- George, James W. 1
- George, Wilmont. 1
- Germany (Territory under Allied occupation, 1945-1955 : U.S. Zone). Office of Military Government 1
- Haussmann, William R. 1
- Morgan, Patricia 1
- Patruno, Mario Joseph 1 + ∧ less