Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The Baliot Collection is comprised of black and white print photographs, performance contracts, card photographs, printed materials, programs, a scrapbook, and a published book. The materials date from 1902 to 1997, the bulk ranging from 1910-1928. A significant portion of card and print photographs capture scenes of the Baliot aerial performers, acts, and publicity shots, primarily of Emma and Anton Riedler, stage named Erna and Tony Baliot. The scrapbook and printed materials consist of clippings, ephemera, and advertising of the Baliots as well as personal photographs and travel related printed materials.
Four printed and manuscript documents from colonial Peru, documenting financial transactions and an excommunication in Lima.
Content is in Spanish, and English translations are available for Items 1, 2, and 3.
This collection was formerly titled "Peruvian Manuscripts."
This is the collection of Roy Lindsey who served in World War II as part of the 81st Engineering Aviation Battalion in the European Theater. The collection contains postcards from America and Abroad and greeting cards. Letters between Roy Lindsey and his wife Irene, while Roy Lindsey was serving in the European Theatre are also included, along with photographs of Roy Lindsey during his time in the Army. Also included are letters between Roy Lindsey and his brother whom also served during World War II. There are telgrams, and an expired driver's license.
This collection contains materials related to music conductor Phillip Spurgeon who was a professor at and Florida State University from 1972-2003. Subject matter concerns orchestral conducting practice and pedagogy in the late twentieth century, related to music performed by the FSU Symphony Orchestra from 1972-2003 in the United States and Europe. This collection contains annotated musical scores, along with a few concert programs, memorandums, research notes, performance and rehearsal notes, and correspondence.
- FSU Special Collections & Archives 1
- The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art Archives 1
- Allen Music Library Special Collections 1
- Institute on WWII and the Human Experience 1
- Acrobats 1
- Aerialists 1
- Church records and registers. 1
- Circus -- History 1
- Circus -- United States -- History 1
- Circus. 1
- Dog trainers 1
- Financial Records 1
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 1
- Gymnasts 1
- Knoxville (Tenn.) 1
- Peru 1
- United States. Army--History--World War, 1939-1945 1
- Vaudeville 1
- Women circus performers 1
- Women gymnasts 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- United States 1
- World War, 1939-1945--Engineering and construction 1
- World War, 1939-1945--England 1 ∧ less
- French 3
- German 2
- Russian 1
- Lindsey, Roy, 1919-2005 1