Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
This collection contains the oral history transcript of Lieutenant Colonel Eugene A. Dance pertaining to his World War II service as a First Lieutenant serving in Europe. Oral history transcript states that Eugene Dance (served 1941-46) discusses his experiences in the 38th Infantry Division and the 101st Airborne in World War II.
This collection relates to James W. George who served as a Chief Master Sergeant in the 9th U.S Army Air Force. Wilmot R. George was James George's brother and also served in the European Theater. He served as a Tech Sergeant and received a Silver Star. This collection contains a one-page handwritten summary of James George's military service and ten-page memoir of his brother Wilmont's service during the Second World War.
This collection relates to William H. Jenner (5th Ranger Battalion, U.S. Army). He served from 1942-1945. Jenner was a Technician Fourth Grade (TEC 4) and wire chief in charge of communications. The collection contains two photographs of William H. Jenner, a copy of an Extract of his Award of Bronze Star Medal, a copy of his Separation Qualification Record, badges, a copy of his Honorable Discharge and a copy of his Enlisted Record and Report of Separation. There are also two copies of his Veteran Questionnaire. A full transcript of an oral history conducted on November 13-14, 1999 is part of this collection as well.
This collection primarily consists of the letters of John B. Savard, an American soldier who fought in World War II and saw action at the Normandy landings, the Battle for Brest, and the D-Day Landings. Most of the material consists of letters to and from his parents, though letters from other soldiers are included. In addition to letters, this collection contains Savard's sketches, a poem he wrote detailing his reaction to the Battle of the Bulge, a manuscript of his autobiography detailing his life from birth to his time as a US Postal Worker and several photographs taken during the Second World War.
This collection contains the oral history interview transcript of Mark Donald Tompkins. Tompkins served in the U.S. Army during World War II as a medic assigned to the 471st Quartermaster Trucking Regiment under General Omar Bradley.
Mario Joseph Patruno's collection includes a manuscript/oral history that covers his service in the 101st Airborne through his wounding in Operation Market Garden. The collection also includes three photographs, two of Patruno and one photograph taken inside Patruno's C-47 Transport on the night of 5 June 1944.
This folder contains the oral history of William Coleman recorded on May 15, 2003. Coleman served with the 101st Airborne Division in England and participated in the June 6, 1944 D-Day airborne operation into Normandy, France. He was later captured by German troops and spent time in a prisoner of war camp.
- United States. Army Ground Forces 9
- United States. Army--History 8
- United States. Army--Military life 8
- World War, 1939-1945 7
- Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945 4
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany 4
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American 3
- World War, 1939-1945--United States 3
- Bronze Star Medal (U.S.) 2
- Prisoners of war--Europe--Interviews 2
- Prisoners of war--Germany--History--20th century 2
- Silver Star 2
- United States. Army--History--World War, 1939-1945 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Austria 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Africa, North 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Italy 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany--Mainz (Rhineland-Palatinate) 2
- Aachen, Battle of, Aachen, Germany, 1944 1
- Arnhem, Battle of, Arnhem, Netherlands, 1944 1 ∧ less
- United States. Army 9
- United States. Army. Airborne Division, 101st 4
- Camp Blanding (Fla.) 2
- Fort Benning (Ga.) 2
- Coleman, William C. 1
- Dance, Eugene, March 5, 1921- 1
- George, James W. 1
- George, Wilmont. 1
- Germany (Territory under Allied occupation, 1945-1955 : U.S. Zone). Office of Military Government 1
- Jenner, Caitlyn, -- 1949- 1
- Jenner, William H. 1
- Lockett, James 1
- Patruno, Mario Joseph 1
- Patton, George S. (George Smith), 1885-1945 1
- Pentagon 1
- Savard, John B. (1925-1999) 1
- Smith, Carlton K. 1
- Stern, Herman 1
- Tompkins, Mark Donald 1 ∧ less