Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Select materials from this collection have been digitized and are available through the FSU Digital Library.
Scope and Contents
The 17th-20th Century Correspondence and Documents consists of letters, documents, and various forms of correspondence relating to notable names and celebrities from between 1618 and 1981.
Typed autobiographical sketch of Bob Taggart, addressed to "My Dear Jerry." Contains reminiscences of Florida during the 1920s and his acquaintance with Jerry Willams Carter. Letter also covers his life in Texas as a boy and his many adventures throughout his varied careers as a telegraph operator, sailor, soldier, farmer and salesman. Taggart also goes in depth about his experiences serving in both World Wars. 61 pages.
The collection's two major groupings of papers are Antebellum and Civil War newspapers in OS Box 1 and Gilded Age, Progressive, and 20th century newspapers in OS Box 2. The majority of the papers are from the southern states in the United States. OS Box 3 is photostat copies of its contents.
Online Copies Available
Portions of this collection have been digitized can be found online in the FSU Digital Library.
Day books detailing transactions, mostly sales, to and with customers
The collection contains correspondence, financial records, and legal papers related to the seed, agricultural produce, and livestock businesses of Sydney V. Coxetter, and legal papers pertaining to the real estate holdings of Coxetter and his wife Winnifred (Dennis) Coxetter, and those of George Elliot Dennis and his wife Ida H. Dennis in Lloyd and Tallahassee, Florida.
This collection contains a wide variety of materials realted to Weymouth Tyree Jordan, his life and his career. Includes biographical materials, correspondence, articles, photographs, writings, research materials, announcements, books, and related materials.
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 8
- The Florida Boom and Bust, 1919-1929 8
- World War I, 1914-1918--Florida 7
- The Post War Florida, 1945-1960 6
- Economics and Society: Post-Civil War Florida, 1865-1913 5
- Antebellum Florida, 1845-1861 4
- Civil War in Florida, 1861-1865 4
- Contemporary Florida, 1960- 4
- Leon County (Fla.) 4
- Correspondence 3
- Manuscripts 3
- Newspapers 3
- Photographs 3
- Tallahassee (Fla.)--History 3
- Territorial Florida, 1821-1845 3
- Agriculture--Florida 2
- Blacks--United States 2
- Business enterprises--Florida--Monticello 2
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 2 + ∧ less
- French 1
- Italian 1
- Adams, Tom, 1917- 1
- Alexander, George, Sir, 1858-1918 1
- Appleton, Nathan, 1843-1906 1
- Avant, David 1
- Bailey, William (William Alton) 1
- Barnett, Ronald David, 1943- 1
- Blitch, John 1
- Bowen, Clara Adger, 1837-1915 1
- Brisbane, Arthur, 1864-1936 1
- Bryant, Farris, 1914-2002 1
- Burns, Haydon, 1912-1987 1
- Caldwell, Millard Fillmore, 1897-1984 1
- Campbell, George W. (George Washington), 1794-1869. 1
- Carlton, Doyle Elam, 1885-1972 1
- Carter, Jerry Williams, Sr., 1887-1971 1
- Church of England. 1
- Collins, LeRoy 1
- Coxetter, Sydney V. 1
- Dennis, George Elliot 1
- Dennis, Ida H. 1 + ∧ less