Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Bird and Ulmer Papers
The Bird and Ulmer papers consist of photocopies of correspondence, land deeds, tax papers, political and other speeches, resolutions, and papers pertaining to church, lodges, last will, accounts of executors of estates, reports of estate, division of land, and division of slaves with values assigned. These papers pertain chiefly to the plantations of Bunker Hill, Nacossa, and Freelawn, which flourished before the Civil War. The majority of the papers are dated from the 1850s through the late 1800s, although a handful are from the 1920s.
Also known as MSS 0-20.
Florida County and City Histories
The materials included in this collection appear to be class papers done by students at the Florida State College for Women around 1922. Among the counties covered are Alachua, Clermont Lake, Manatee, Sarasota, Sumter, Suwanee, Taylor, Walton, Jefferson, Lake, Osceola, Washington, Columbia, and Dade Counties. Among the cities covered are Miami, Jacksonville, Pensacola, Madison, Orlando, Wildwood, Live Oak, De Funiak Springs, Monticello, and West Palm Beach.
James Patton Anderson Papers
Red Hills of Florida Collection
Sydney V. Coxetter Agriculture Collection
The collection contains correspondence, financial records, and legal papers related to the seed, agricultural produce, and livestock businesses of Sydney V. Coxetter, and legal papers pertaining to the real estate holdings of Coxetter and his wife Winnifred (Dennis) Coxetter, and those of George Elliot Dennis and his wife Ida H. Dennis in Lloyd and Tallahassee, Florida.
Thomas H. Bond Papers
This collection includes the business papers of Thomas H. (Harvey) Bond and the estate papers of Thomas H. Lloyd of Jefferson County, Florida. Other materials and topics covered by the collection include business invoices, a 15-page reprint from the Florida Historical Quarterly entitled, "Thirty cents cotton at Lloyd, Florida, 1916-1919" by Clifton Paisley, banking papers, railroad bills, executors papers and related correspondence of Miss Annie Lloyd Bond, an invoice book, ledger, bookkeeping journal, farm account book, household account book, and the tax roll for the town of Lloyd.
Ulysses B. Roach diaries and farm account records
Photocopies and originals of 28 diaries written by plantation owner Ulysses B. Roach between 1890 and 1927. Property is in Jefferson County (Fla.). Photocopies and originals of two farm accounts from 1883-1885, 1888; and 1896. Specific locations for originals are listed under Collection Content. All other materials are duplicates.
Online Copies Available
Select materials from the Ulysses B. Roach diaries and farm account records have been digitized and are available through the FSU Digital Library.
- Plantations--Florida 4
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 4
- Jefferson County (Fla.)--History 3
- Plantation owners--Florida--Jefferson County 3
- Plantations--Southern States 3
- Agriculture--Florida 2
- Antebellum Florida, 1845-1861 2
- Civil War in Florida, 1861-1865 2
- Deeds 2
- Depression and the New Deal Years in Florida, 1930-1941 2
- Economics and Society: Post-Civil War Florida, 1865-1913 2
- Financial Records 2
- Leon County (Fla.) 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Monticello (Fla.) 2
- Slavery--Florida--Jefferson County 2
- The Florida Boom and Bust, 1919-1929 2
- The Post War Florida, 1945-1960 2 + ∧ less
- Anderson, James Patton 1
- Avant, David 1
- Bailey, Abraham 1
- Bailey, William (William Alton) 1
- Barnett, Ronald David, 1943- 1
- Benjamin, J. P. (Judah Philip), 1811-1884 1
- Bird Family 1
- Blitch, John 1
- Bond, Thomas H. (Thomas Harvey), 1872-1936 1
- Bowen, Clara Adger, 1837-1915 1
- Bragg, Braxton, 1817-1876 1
- Buchanan, James, 1791-1868 1
- Bunker Hill Plantation (Jefferson County, Fla.) 1
- Confederate States of America 1
- Coxetter, Sydney V. 1
- Davis, Jefferson 1808-1889 1
- Dennis, George Elliot 1
- Dennis, Ida H. 1
- Dennis, Winnifred 1
- Florida Historical Society 1 + ∧ less