Showing Collections: 31 - 39 of 39
Sound recordings and transcripts of interviews for project "An Oral History of the Civil Rights Movement in Tallahassee, Florida 1956-1966: Personal Interviews with Key Civil Rights Leaders, Spokesmen, and Participants," prepared by Dr. Jackson Lee Ice for the Center for the Study of Southern Culture and Religion, Department of Religion, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL. Supported by a grant from the Rockefeller Foundation.
Tallahassee general store ledger book documenting store purchases from 1880-1881. Name and historical information about the business cannot be determined.
This collection contains research materials used by Martin Dyckman for his 2006 book about former Governor Leroy Collins titled Floridian of His Century. Research materials include speeches from Leroy Collins before he became governor; an interview transcript with Premier Khrushchev during Collins' trip to the Soviet Union; newspaper columns written by Collins for the St. Peterburg Times and transcripts and audio recordings of interviews conducted by Dyckman.
The Walker Papers, dating 1745 to 1938, cover the careers of both George Keith Walker and Major George Wythe Walker. Among those pertaining directly to Major George Wythe Walker is a certificate showing that he was appointed by Governor Francis P. Fleming to be Major of the Eighth Regiment of the enrolled Militia of the State of Florida, and thirteen certificates of appointement as State Attorney for the Second Judicial Circuit of the State of Florida and signed by the ten governors of Florida under whom he served.
This collection contains a wide variety of materials realted to Weymouth Tyree Jordan, his life and his career. Includes biographical materials, correspondence, articles, photographs, writings, research materials, announcements, books, and related materials.
Papers of William P. Slusser including receipts, payment orders, store accounts, a newspaper advertisement of public sale, and sales at auction on account.
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 32
- Leon County (Fla.) 32
- Correspondence 12
- Manuscripts 11
- Plantations--Florida 9
- Plantations--Southern States 9
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 8
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 6
- Tallahassee (Fla.)--History 6
- Contemporary Florida, 1960- 5
- Cotton 5
- Depression and the New Deal Years in Florida, 1930-1941 5
- Photographs 5
- The Post War Florida, 1945-1960 5
- Civil War in Florida, 1861-1865 4
- Deeds 4
- Economics and Society: Post-Civil War Florida, 1865-1913 4
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives 4
- Legal documents. 4
- Maps 4 ∧ less
- Collins, LeRoy 4
- Florida State College for Women 3
- Florida. Governor 3
- Kirk, Claude R., 1926- 3
- Askew, Reubin O'D., 1928-2014 2
- Caldwell, Reverend Edward N. 2
- Carlton, Doyle Elam, 1885-1972 2
- Confederate States of America 2
- First Baptist Church (Tallahassee, Fla.) 2
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University 2
- Florida State Capitol (Tallahassee, Fla.) 2
- J.S. Lester Plantation (Fla.) 2
- Johns, Charley 2
- Killian, Lewis M. 2
- Kurz, Herman, 1886-1965 2
- Morris, Allen Covington, 1909- 2
- Smith, Charles U. 2
- AIG Baker 1
- Adams, Earl L. 1
- Adams, John Quincy, 1767-1848. 1 ∧ less