Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
The three page letter, signed by E.G. Booth, secretary to D.S. Kennedy, Esq. of New York, gives a list of drafts drawn on several individuals and then the details of a bill of lading covering 41 bales of cotton, all being sent for discount. The postscript refers to the financial difficulties then existing in Florida banking circles.
These papers include a letter from Clement Acton Griscom to his son Lloyd, who served as a foreign diplomat to Japan in the early 1900s. Also included is a small Christmas gift card signed "From Bronson Winthrop," and a small envelope addressed to Col. Lloyd Griscom, care of Miss Griscom, Water Oak Plantation, Tallahassee, Florida. The fourth item in the collection is a letter from G. Leslie Isaac to "Col. Griscom" at Luna Plantation, Tallahassee, concerning a trip to a fair and a car purchase. Includes MSS 0-304.
The Fallschase Development Reference Files includes newspaper articles which documented the Fallschase development process; agreements and other legal materials; minutes from public meetings held in 2005 and 2006; Fallschase development proposals, maps/surveys of the land of the proposed Fallschase community; memorandums to and from the Board of County Commissions; correspondence to and from Robert Rackleff and other Leon County commissioners.
The collection contains correspondence, financial records, and legal papers related to the seed, agricultural produce, and livestock businesses of Sydney V. Coxetter, and legal papers pertaining to the real estate holdings of Coxetter and his wife Winnifred (Dennis) Coxetter, and those of George Elliot Dennis and his wife Ida H. Dennis in Lloyd and Tallahassee, Florida.
This collection contains research materials used by Martin Dyckman for his 2006 book about former Governor Leroy Collins titled Floridian of His Century. Research materials include speeches from Leroy Collins before he became governor; an interview transcript with Premier Khrushchev during Collins' trip to the Soviet Union; newspaper columns written by Collins for the St. Peterburg Times and transcripts and audio recordings of interviews conducted by Dyckman.
This collection contains a wide variety of materials realted to Weymouth Tyree Jordan, his life and his career. Includes biographical materials, correspondence, articles, photographs, writings, research materials, announcements, books, and related materials.
- Correspondence 10
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 10
- Leon County (Fla.) 10
- Manuscripts 7
- Civil War in Florida, 1861-1865 4
- Depression and the New Deal Years in Florida, 1930-1941 4
- Economics and Society: Post-Civil War Florida, 1865-1913 4
- Plantations--Southern States 4
- The Florida Boom and Bust, 1919-1929 4
- The Post War Florida, 1945-1960 4
- World War I, 1914-1918--Florida 4
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 3
- Contemporary Florida, 1960- 3
- Legal documents. 3
- Newspapers 3
- Photographs 3
- Plantations--Florida 3
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- Agriculture--Florida 2
- Antebellum Florida, 1845-1861 2 ∧ less
- Collins, LeRoy 2
- Florida. Governor 2
- Johns, Charley 2
- AIG Baker 1
- Adams, Tom, 1917- 1
- Alam, Parwez 1
- Apgar, Robert 1
- Askew, Reubin O'D., 1928-2014 1
- Avant, David 1
- Bailey, Lamar E. 1
- Bailey, William (William Alton) 1
- Barnett, Ronald David, 1943- 1
- Bateman, Fredrick 1
- Bates, Mary 1
- Blitch, John 1
- Booth, Ernest Gordon, 1899-1993 1
- Bowen, Clara Adger, 1837-1915 1
- Bradford, Edward 1
- Brisbane, Arthur, 1864-1936 1
- Brown, Thomas, 1785-1867 1 ∧ less