Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Albert Waller Gilchrist Papers
The Gilchrist Papers are comprised of the official papers of Albert Waller Gilchrist, 20th Governor of Florida, as well as newspaper articles, military and state official documents, items pertaining to the naming of Gilchrist County, materials regarding educational institutions including Carolina Military Institute and West Point, personal correspondence, genealogical research, and papers pertaining to Gilchrist's estate and will.
Also known as MSS 0-125.
Bob Graham Letter
Typescript letter, dated June 17, 1981, signed by Bob Graham in which he thanks Mrs. Opal M. Free of the FSU Library for gathering materials for a 2nd Annual history dinner.
Also known as MSS 0-303.
Guyte P. McCord, Sr. Collection
Items found in this collection include the personal papers of Guyte McCord, consisting of correspondence, records of the Tallahassee Historical Society, newspaper clippings, articles, and papers relating to Judge James B. Whitfield. Also included in the collection are the official programs of the inaugurations of five Florida governors, miscellaneous publications, and typescripts of manuscripts published in issues of "Tallahassee Historical Society Annual."
Also known as MSS 0-181.
Historic Homes Preservation Committee of Leon County Records
The Leon County Commissioners passed a resolution in 1958 to see what could be done to restore historic homes and buildings in Tallahassee, Florida. Governor Millard Caldwell served as Chairman of the Historic Homes Preservation Committee.
LeRoy Collins Letters
This collection consists of letters from LeRoy Collins to Dr. Daisy Parker. Among the subjects mentioned are Judge Taylor and Parker's campaign assistance. The fifth item in the collection is a copy of a letter to Malcolm Johnson that was enclosed in a 1968 letter to Dr. Parker.
Richard Keith Call Letter
This letter, signed by R. K. Call is as follows: "Dear Sir. I have received your kind letter and have but a minute to say I am Much obliged to you and that John W. Smith of Quincy Florida should be appointed keeper of the light house at Appalachicola."
Thomas Brown Papers
- Florida--Politics and government--1865-1950 3
- Manuscripts 2
- Tallahassee (Fla.)--History 2
- African Americans--Florida 1
- Apalachicola (Fla.) 1
- Architecture--Conservation and restoration 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Diaries 1
- England--Description and travel. 1
- Florida--Capital and capitol 1
- Florida--History 1
- Florida--Politics and government--1821-1865 1
- Florida. Governor (1909-1913 : Gilchrist) 1
- Florida. Governor (1955-1961 : Collins) 1
- Genealogy 1
- Gilchrist County (Fla.) 1
- Historic buildings. 1
- Legal documents. 1 + ∧ less
- Brown, Thomas, 1785-1867 1
- Caldwell, Millard Fillmore, 1897-1984 1
- Call, R. K. (Richard Keith), 1791-1862 1
- Collins, LeRoy 1
- Florida. Governor (1836-1839 : Call) 1
- Flory, Daisy Parker, 1915-2006 1
- Free, Opal 1
- Gilchrist, Albert Waller, 1858-1926 1
- Graham, Bob, 1936- 1
- Historic Homes Preservation Committee of Leon County (Tallahassee, Fla.) 1
- Johnson, Malcolm B., 1913-1989 1
- McCord, Guyte P. 1
- Tallahassee (Fla.). City Commission 1
- Tallahassee Historical Society 1
- Whitfield, James Bryan, 1860-1948 1 + ∧ less