Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Documents pertaining to FSU biology professor Dr. Dexter M. Easton's professional and personal life, from his childhood in the 1930s through his death in 2010. Includes documents pertaining to his education, his scientific research, and his work as a university professor.
The collection consists of minutes from General Faculty meetings, recommendations of candidates for graduation, related memoranda, and faculty members' obituaries. The collection will be of interest to those researching issues of broad concern to the University in the time period covered, which includes the transition period of Florida State College for Women to the Florida State University.
This collection is comprised of documents pertaining to librarian faculty status dating from 1956-1958. The documents contained in the collection include letters between Florida State University (FSU)'s assistant librarian, Florence Bethea and the Constitution Committee's Chairman, Robert Miller, notes and suggestions for proposed amendments to the constitution, and copies of proposed constitutions. There are significant gaps in the collection. The earliest dated document is February 23, 1956 and the remainder covers the last few months in 1958.
Field notes, illustrations, correspondence, publications, photographs, news clippings, and printing plates documenting the research and scholarship of Ina VanStan (1901-1989), FSU Professor of Clothing and Textiles.
Publications, typescripts, speeches, and correspondence documenting the academic career of Lewis M. Killian, professor of sociology at Florida State University (1952-1968) and University of Massachussetts at Amherst (1969-1985), especially concerning his research in disaster study and race relations in the United States.
Online Copies Available
Select materials from the Lewis M. Killian Papers have been digitized and are available through the FSU Digital Library.
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 3
- Correspondence 2
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Biology. 1
- Biophysics. 1
- Clark University (Worcester, Mass.) 1
- Commencement ceremonies. 1
- Communism. 1
- Crustacea. 1
- Disaster Study 1
- Florida State College for Women--Faculty 1
- Florida State University--Academic calendar 1
- Florida State University--Constitution 1
- Florida State University--Library 1
- Florida State University. Dept. of Biological Science 1
- Gars. 1
- Grief. 1
- Harvard University--History. 1 + ∧ less
- Allen, Warren Dwight, 1885-1964 1
- Baum, Werner A. 1
- Bellamy, Raymond F. (Raymond Flavius) 1
- Bethea, Florence Strobel 1
- Bethea, Florence Strobel, 1904-1990 1
- Blackwell, Gordon W. (Gordon Williams), 1911-2004 1
- Campbell, Doak S. (Doak Sheridan), 1888-1973. 1
- Campbell, Laurence 1
- Carothers, Milton W., 1899-1980 1
- Chalmers, E. Laurence (Edwin Laurence), 1928-2009 1
- Champion, John E., 1922-2002 1
- Choppin, Gregory R. 1
- Conradi, Edward, 1869-1944 1
- Curtis, Morton Landers, 1921- 1
- Day, Harry, 1937- 1
- Deviney, Ezda May 1
- Dirac, P. A. M. (Paul Adrien Maurice), 1902-1984 1
- Dodd, William George, 1874-1963 1
- Dohnányi, Ernő, 1877-1960 1
- Doyle, Wilson K. 1 + ∧ less