Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Select materials from this collection have been digitized and are available through the FSU Digital Library.
Scope and Contents
The 17th-20th Century Correspondence and Documents consists of letters, documents, and various forms of correspondence relating to notable names and celebrities from between 1618 and 1981.
The Gilchrist Papers are comprised of the official papers of Albert Waller Gilchrist, 20th Governor of Florida, as well as newspaper articles, military and state official documents, items pertaining to the naming of Gilchrist County, materials regarding educational institutions including Carolina Military Institute and West Point, personal correspondence, genealogical research, and papers pertaining to Gilchrist's estate and will.
Also known as MSS 0-125.
Items found in this collection include the personal papers of Guyte McCord, consisting of correspondence, records of the Tallahassee Historical Society, newspaper clippings, articles, and papers relating to Judge James B. Whitfield. Also included in the collection are the official programs of the inaugurations of five Florida governors, miscellaneous publications, and typescripts of manuscripts published in issues of "Tallahassee Historical Society Annual."
Also known as MSS 0-181.
Correspondence, memorabilia, newspaper clippings, photographs, and speeches documenting the career of attorney, Florida legislator, educator, and businessman James Velma Keen, from 1926 when he began practicing law in Sarasota, Florida, until his death in Tallahassee, Florida, in March 1963.
This collection consists of letters from LeRoy Collins to Dr. Daisy Parker. Among the subjects mentioned are Judge Taylor and Parker's campaign assistance. The fifth item in the collection is a copy of a letter to Malcolm Johnson that was enclosed in a 1968 letter to Dr. Parker.
This letter, signed by R. K. Call is as follows: "Dear Sir. I have received your kind letter and have but a minute to say I am Much obliged to you and that John W. Smith of Quincy Florida should be appointed keeper of the light house at Appalachicola."
This collection contains research materials used by Martin Dyckman for his 2006 book about former Governor Leroy Collins titled Floridian of His Century. Research materials include speeches from Leroy Collins before he became governor; an interview transcript with Premier Khrushchev during Collins' trip to the Soviet Union; newspaper columns written by Collins for the St. Peterburg Times and transcripts and audio recordings of interviews conducted by Dyckman.
Holograph letter dated 1876, from William Archer Cooke to Hon. S. Pasco, Hon. G.P. Roney and W.D. Bloxham. The letter relates to counting votes cast in Florida for state electors of President and Vice President. Also known as MSS 0-79.
- Correspondence 10
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 9
- Florida--Politics and government--1865-1950 7
- Manuscripts 7
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 4
- Legal documents. 3
- Newspapers 3
- Programs 3
- Speeches, addresses, etc. 3
- Tallahassee (Fla.)--History 3
- Civil War in Florida, 1861-1865 2
- Contemporary Florida, 1960- 2
- Depression and the New Deal Years in Florida, 1930-1941 2
- Economics and Society: Post-Civil War Florida, 1865-1913 2
- Education--Florida 2
- Elections. 2
- Florida State University Libraries. Claude Pepper Library 2
- Florida--History--1821-1865 2
- Florida--Politics and government 2
- Florida--Politics and government--1821-1865 2 + ∧ less
- French 1
- Italian 1
- Florida. Governor 5
- Collins, LeRoy 3
- Florida. Legislature. House of Representatives. 2
- Gilchrist, Albert Waller, 1858-1926 2
- Johns, Charley 2
- Adams, Tom, 1917- 1
- Alexander, George, Sir, 1858-1918 1
- Appleton, Nathan, 1843-1906 1
- Askew, Reubin O'D., 1928-2014 1
- Bloxham, William Dunnington, 1835-1911 1
- Brisbane, Arthur, 1864-1936 1
- Brown, Thomas, 1785-1867 1
- Bryant, Farris, 1914-2002 1
- Burns, Haydon, 1912-1987 1
- Bush, Jeb 1953- 1
- Caldwell, Millard Fillmore, 1897-1984 1
- Call, R. K. (Richard Keith), 1791-1862 1
- Carlton, Doyle Elam, 1885-1972 1
- Church of England. 1
- Cone, William B. 1 + ∧ less