Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
The Gilchrist Papers are comprised of the official papers of Albert Waller Gilchrist, 20th Governor of Florida, as well as newspaper articles, military and state official documents, items pertaining to the naming of Gilchrist County, materials regarding educational institutions including Carolina Military Institute and West Point, personal correspondence, genealogical research, and papers pertaining to Gilchrist's estate and will.
Also known as MSS 0-125.
Items found in this collection include the personal papers of Guyte McCord, consisting of correspondence, records of the Tallahassee Historical Society, newspaper clippings, articles, and papers relating to Judge James B. Whitfield. Also included in the collection are the official programs of the inaugurations of five Florida governors, miscellaneous publications, and typescripts of manuscripts published in issues of "Tallahassee Historical Society Annual."
Also known as MSS 0-181.
This collection consists of letters from LeRoy Collins to Dr. Daisy Parker. Among the subjects mentioned are Judge Taylor and Parker's campaign assistance. The fifth item in the collection is a copy of a letter to Malcolm Johnson that was enclosed in a 1968 letter to Dr. Parker.
- African Americans--Florida 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Florida. Governor (1909-1913 : Gilchrist) 1
- Florida. Governor (1955-1961 : Collins) 1
- Genealogy 1
- Gilchrist County (Fla.) 1
- Legal documents. 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Mayors--Florida--Tallahassee 1
- Newspapers 1
- Photocopying. 1
- Programs 1
- Slavery 1
- Tallahassee (Fla.)--History 1 ∧ less
- Collins, LeRoy 1
- Flory, Daisy Parker, 1915-2006 1
- Gilchrist, Albert Waller, 1858-1926 1
- Johnson, Malcolm B., 1913-1989 1
- McCord, Guyte P. 1