Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Bird and Ulmer Papers
The Bird and Ulmer papers consist of photocopies of correspondence, land deeds, tax papers, political and other speeches, resolutions, and papers pertaining to church, lodges, last will, accounts of executors of estates, reports of estate, division of land, and division of slaves with values assigned. These papers pertain chiefly to the plantations of Bunker Hill, Nacossa, and Freelawn, which flourished before the Civil War. The majority of the papers are dated from the 1850s through the late 1800s, although a handful are from the 1920s.
Also known as MSS 0-20.
Ulysses B. Roach diaries and farm account records
Photocopies and originals of 28 diaries written by plantation owner Ulysses B. Roach between 1890 and 1927. Property is in Jefferson County (Fla.). Photocopies and originals of two farm accounts from 1883-1885, 1888; and 1896. Specific locations for originals are listed under Collection Content. All other materials are duplicates.
Online Copies Available
Select materials from the Ulysses B. Roach diaries and farm account records have been digitized and are available through the FSU Digital Library.
- Financial Records 2
- Plantations--Southern States 2
- Slavery--Florida--Jefferson County 2
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Agriculture--Accounting 1
- Antebellum Florida, 1845-1861 1
- Cotton growing--Florida--Jefferson County 1
- Deeds 1
- Diaries 1
- Formulas, recipes, etc. 1
- Genealogy 1
- Mount Vernon Plantation (Jefferson County, Fla.) 1
- Slavery 1
- Speeches, addresses, etc. 1 + ∧ less
- Bailey, Abraham 1
- Bird Family 1
- Bunker Hill Plantation (Jefferson County, Fla.) 1
- Freelawn Plantation (Jefferson County, Fla.) 1
- Hollingsworth family 1