Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Select materials from this collection have been digitized and are available through the FSU Digital Library.
Scope and Contents
The 17th-20th Century Correspondence and Documents consists of letters, documents, and various forms of correspondence relating to notable names and celebrities from between 1618 and 1981.
Papers, books, photographs, memorabilia, correspondence, speeches and scrapbooks. This collection consists mainly of papers connected with Fuller Warren's public life: his campaigns of 1948 and 1956, and particularly the four years he was Governor, from January 4, 1949, to January 6, 1953. One of the best documented areas in the collection deals with Warren's controversy with Senator Estes Kefauver over crime in Florida.
This collection consists of letters to and from Dr. Orwin Rush concerning such matters as book fund allocations and experimental colleges.
This collection consists of speeches and addresses written by Dr. Strozier while employed as the Dean of Students at the University of Chicago and as the President of Florida State University. Also this collection contains memorabilia from Dr. Strozier's Inauguration ceremony at Florida State University.
The collection contains correspondence, financial records, and legal papers related to the seed, agricultural produce, and livestock businesses of Sydney V. Coxetter, and legal papers pertaining to the real estate holdings of Coxetter and his wife Winnifred (Dennis) Coxetter, and those of George Elliot Dennis and his wife Ida H. Dennis in Lloyd and Tallahassee, Florida.
This collection contains a wide variety of materials realted to Weymouth Tyree Jordan, his life and his career. Includes biographical materials, correspondence, articles, photographs, writings, research materials, announcements, books, and related materials.
- Contemporary Florida, 1960- 9
- Depression and the New Deal Years in Florida, 1930-1941 7
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 7
- The Florida Boom and Bust, 1919-1929 6
- Economics and Society: Post-Civil War Florida, 1865-1913 5
- Leon County (Fla.) 5
- World War I, 1914-1918--Florida 5
- Civil War in Florida, 1861-1865 4
- Antebellum Florida, 1845-1861 3
- Correspondence 3
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives 3
- Florida--Politics and government 3
- Florida--Politics and government--1951- 3
- Manuscripts 3
- Photographs 3
- Tallahassee (Fla.)--History 3
- Territorial Florida, 1821-1845 3
- Agriculture--Florida 2
- Blacks--United States 2 + ∧ less
- French 1
- Italian 1
- Bailey, Thomas David 2
- Collins, LeRoy 2
- Florida--State Dept. of Education 2
- Florida. Governor 2
- Kirk, Claude R., 1926- 2
- Adams, Tom, 1917- 1
- Alexander, George, Sir, 1858-1918 1
- Appalachian State Teachers College (N.C.) 1
- Appleton, Nathan, 1843-1906 1
- Association for Childhood Education (U.S.) 1
- Avant, David 1
- Bailey, William (William Alton) 1
- Barbier, Antoine-Alexandre, 1765-1825 1
- Barnett, Ronald David, 1943- 1
- Blitch, John 1
- Bowen, Clara Adger, 1837-1915 1
- Brisbane, Arthur, 1864-1936 1
- Bryant, Farris, 1914-2002 1
- Burns, Haydon, 1912-1987 1
- Caldwell, Millard Fillmore, 1897-1984 1 + ∧ less