Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
The Gilchrist Papers are comprised of the official papers of Albert Waller Gilchrist, 20th Governor of Florida, as well as newspaper articles, military and state official documents, items pertaining to the naming of Gilchrist County, materials regarding educational institutions including Carolina Military Institute and West Point, personal correspondence, genealogical research, and papers pertaining to Gilchrist's estate and will.
Also known as MSS 0-125.
The collection includes general correspondence of Beth Moor, newsclippings, photographs, and memorabilia of and about Beth Moor. A large part of this collection concerns former Florida Governor Spessard Holland as well as the Florida State College for Women (FSCW) and The Florida State University (FSU). Included in the papers are correspondence about Governor Holland, the FSU Alumni Association, and Alpha Delta Pi. Also includes photographs and memorabilia concerning Governor Holland, Beth Moor, and both FSCW and FSU.
Typescript letter, dated June 17, 1981, signed by Bob Graham in which he thanks Mrs. Opal M. Free of the FSU Library for gathering materials for a 2nd Annual history dinner.
Also known as MSS 0-303.
Items found in this collection include the personal papers of Guyte McCord, consisting of correspondence, records of the Tallahassee Historical Society, newspaper clippings, articles, and papers relating to Judge James B. Whitfield. Also included in the collection are the official programs of the inaugurations of five Florida governors, miscellaneous publications, and typescripts of manuscripts published in issues of "Tallahassee Historical Society Annual."
Also known as MSS 0-181.
The Leon County Commissioners passed a resolution in 1958 to see what could be done to restore historic homes and buildings in Tallahassee, Florida. Governor Millard Caldwell served as Chairman of the Historic Homes Preservation Committee.
This collection consists of letters from LeRoy Collins to Dr. Daisy Parker. Among the subjects mentioned are Judge Taylor and Parker's campaign assistance. The fifth item in the collection is a copy of a letter to Malcolm Johnson that was enclosed in a 1968 letter to Dr. Parker.
The collection was given by Reubin O'Donovan Askew in 2008. It contains materials related to his time serving in the Florida House of Representatives, Florida State Senate, and as Governor of Florida. Included in the collection are campaign files, correspondence, newspaper articles, photographs, audiovisual materials, memorabilia, and copies of speeches. Additionally, there are records documenting his 1988 Presidential bid, as well as other materials relating to his life after his service as a Florida public official. Also included in the collection are the personal papers of his wife, Donna Lou Harper Askew.
This letter, signed by R. K. Call is as follows: "Dear Sir. I have received your kind letter and have but a minute to say I am Much obliged to you and that John W. Smith of Quincy Florida should be appointed keeper of the light house at Appalachicola."
- Correspondence 11
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 7
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 5
- Florida--Politics and government--1865-1950 4
- Photographs 4
- Tallahassee (Fla.)--History 4
- Florida State University Libraries. Claude Pepper Library 3
- Florida--Politics and government 3
- Florida. Governor (1955-1961 : Collins) 3
- Leon County (Fla.) 3
- Manuscripts 3
- Newspapers 3
- Programs 3
- Contemporary Florida, 1960- 2
- Depression and the New Deal Years in Florida, 1930-1941 2
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives 2
- Florida--Capital and capitol 2
- Genealogy 2
- Speeches, addresses, etc. 2
- The Post War Florida, 1945-1960 2 ∧ less
- Collins, LeRoy 4
- Caldwell, Millard Fillmore, 1897-1984 2
- Holland, Spessard L. (Spessard Lindsey), 1892-1971 2
- Kirk, Claude R., 1926- 2
- Adams, Tom, 1917- 1
- Air Force Association 1
- Alpha Delta Pi Sorority 1
- Appalachian State Teachers College (N.C.) 1
- Askew, Donna Lou Harper 1
- Askew, Reubin O'D., 1928-2014 1
- Bacchus, Jim, 1949- 1
- Barbier, Antoine-Alexandre, 1765-1825 1
- Blackwell, Gordon W. (Gordon Williams), 1911-2004 1
- Brisbane, Arthur, 1864-1936 1
- Brown, Thomas, 1785-1867 1
- Bryant, Farris, 1914-2002 1
- Burns, Haydon, 1912-1987 1
- Call, R. K. (Richard Keith), 1791-1862 1
- Campbell family 1 ∧ less