Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Select materials from this collection have been digitized and are available through the FSU Digital Library.
Scope and Contents
The 17th-20th Century Correspondence and Documents consists of letters, documents, and various forms of correspondence relating to notable names and celebrities from between 1618 and 1981.
Typed autobiographical sketch of Bob Taggart, addressed to "My Dear Jerry." Contains reminiscences of Florida during the 1920s and his acquaintance with Jerry Willams Carter. Letter also covers his life in Texas as a boy and his many adventures throughout his varied careers as a telegraph operator, sailor, soldier, farmer and salesman. Taggart also goes in depth about his experiences serving in both World Wars. 61 pages.
The collection's two major groupings of papers are Antebellum and Civil War newspapers in OS Box 1 and Gilded Age, Progressive, and 20th century newspapers in OS Box 2. The majority of the papers are from the southern states in the United States. OS Box 3 is photostat copies of its contents.
Online Copies Available
Portions of this collection have been digitized can be found online in the FSU Digital Library.
Day books detailing transactions, mostly sales, to and with customers
The collection contains correspondence, financial records, and legal papers related to the seed, agricultural produce, and livestock businesses of Sydney V. Coxetter, and legal papers pertaining to the real estate holdings of Coxetter and his wife Winnifred (Dennis) Coxetter, and those of George Elliot Dennis and his wife Ida H. Dennis in Lloyd and Tallahassee, Florida.
This collection contains a wide variety of materials realted to Weymouth Tyree Jordan, his life and his career. Includes biographical materials, correspondence, articles, photographs, writings, research materials, announcements, books, and related materials.
This collection contains personal correspondence from 1922-1963, and research notes on Tallahassee education, the West Florida Seminary, the Florida State College for Women, and related topics. Also included are copies of a column in the Tallahassee Democrat entitled, "I remember ... in the Big Bend," and honorary awards. There are also notes on research for his book, Florida State College for Women: notes of the formative years. Additional subjects include Francis T. Dodd correspondence, Florida State University, Josephine White Dodd, Dorothy Dodd letters, William Faulkner, Tallahassee schools, and letters to Owen Rush.
- Subject: Depression and the New Deal Years in Florida, 1930-1941 X
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 8
- The Florida Boom and Bust, 1919-1929 8
- The Post War Florida, 1945-1960 7
- World War I, 1914-1918--Florida 7
- Contemporary Florida, 1960- 6
- Economics and Society: Post-Civil War Florida, 1865-1913 5
- Leon County (Fla.) 5
- Antebellum Florida, 1845-1861 4
- Civil War in Florida, 1861-1865 4
- Correspondence 4
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives 3
- Manuscripts 3
- Newspapers 3
- Photographs 3
- Tallahassee (Fla.)--History 3
- Territorial Florida, 1821-1845 3
- Agriculture--Florida 2
- Blacks--United States 2
- Business enterprises--Florida--Monticello 2 + ∧ less
- French 1
- Italian 1
- Collins, LeRoy 2
- Florida. Governor 2
- Kirk, Claude R., 1926- 2
- Adams, Tom, 1917- 1
- Alexander, George, Sir, 1858-1918 1
- Appalachian State Teachers College (N.C.) 1
- Appleton, Nathan, 1843-1906 1
- Avant, David 1
- Bailey, William (William Alton) 1
- Barbier, Antoine-Alexandre, 1765-1825 1
- Barnett, Ronald David, 1943- 1
- Blitch, John 1
- Bowen, Clara Adger, 1837-1915 1
- Brisbane, Arthur, 1864-1936 1
- Bryant, Farris, 1914-2002 1
- Burns, Haydon, 1912-1987 1
- Caldwell, Millard Fillmore, 1897-1984 1
- Campbell family 1
- Campbell, Doak S. (Doak Sheridan) 1
- Campbell, Doak S. (Doak Sheridan), 1888-1973. 1 + ∧ less