Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
The Gilchrist Papers are comprised of the official papers of Albert Waller Gilchrist, 20th Governor of Florida, as well as newspaper articles, military and state official documents, items pertaining to the naming of Gilchrist County, materials regarding educational institutions including Carolina Military Institute and West Point, personal correspondence, genealogical research, and papers pertaining to Gilchrist's estate and will.
Also known as MSS 0-125.
Items found in this collection include the personal papers of Guyte McCord, consisting of correspondence, records of the Tallahassee Historical Society, newspaper clippings, articles, and papers relating to Judge James B. Whitfield. Also included in the collection are the official programs of the inaugurations of five Florida governors, miscellaneous publications, and typescripts of manuscripts published in issues of "Tallahassee Historical Society Annual."
Also known as MSS 0-181.
This collection consists of letters from LeRoy Collins to Dr. Daisy Parker. Among the subjects mentioned are Judge Taylor and Parker's campaign assistance. The fifth item in the collection is a copy of a letter to Malcolm Johnson that was enclosed in a 1968 letter to Dr. Parker.
Printed copy of Message of the President, Executive Department, Tallahassee, December 9, 1864, to the Speaker of the House of Representatives Confederate States Congress, Richmond, Virginia. Signed by John Milton, Governor of Florida, the document is a "Joint Resolution of Confidence in and Thanks to President Jefferson Davis." Also signed by A.K. Allison, President of the Senate; F.L. Villepigue, Secretary of the Senate; Philip Dell, Speaker House of Representatives; Wm. Forsyth Bynum, Clerk House of Representatives; John Milton, Governor of Florida, and B.F. Allen, Secretary of State.
Also known as MSS 0-184
This letter, signed by R. K. Call is as follows: "Dear Sir. I have received your kind letter and have but a minute to say I am Much obliged to you and that John W. Smith of Quincy Florida should be appointed keeper of the light house at Appalachicola."
- Correspondence 4
- Florida--Politics and government--1865-1950 3
- Manuscripts 3
- Newspapers 2
- Tallahassee (Fla.)--History 2
- African Americans--Florida 1
- Apalachicola (Fla.) 1
- Civil Rights--Florida--History 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Florida--History 1
- Florida--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 1
- Florida--Politics and government 1
- Florida--Politics and government--1821-1865 1
- Florida--Politics and government--1861-1865 1
- Florida. Governor (1909-1913 : Gilchrist) 1
- Florida. Governor (1955-1961 : Collins) 1
- Genealogy 1
- Gilchrist County (Fla.) 1
- Legal documents. 1 ∧ less
- Collins, LeRoy 2
- Johnson, Malcolm B., 1913-1989 2
- Adams, Tom, 1917- 1
- Arkus, Harry M. 1
- Bailey, Thomas D. 1
- Bryant, Farris, 1914-2002 1
- Call, R. K. (Richard Keith), 1791-1862 1
- Carlton, Doyle Elam, 1885-1972 1
- Confederate States of America 1
- Davis, Jefferson 1808-1889 1
- Democratic Party (Fla.) 1
- Dickinson, Fred O. (Fred Otis), 1922-1998 1
- Florida. Governor (1836-1839 : Call) 1
- Florida. Governor (1861-1865 : Milton) 1
- Flory, Daisy Parker, 1915-2006 1
- Gilchrist, Albert Waller, 1858-1926 1
- Holland, Spessard L. (Spessard Lindsey), 1892-1971 1
- Kefauver, Estes, 1903-1963 1
- McCarty, John 1 ∧ less