Showing Collections: 61 - 68 of 68
United States Army General Orders
United States Land Patents - Sales of Land in Gadsden County, Florida
Two U. S. Certificates of sale of public land in Gadsden County, Florida. Certificate No. 11,824 was issued by the U. S. Land Office at Tallahassee, Florida to Brinkley G. Poppell dated June 16, 1856. Certificate No. 11,922 was issued to Brinkley G. Poppell as well, and is dated June 16, 1856.
Also known as MSS 0-157 and MSS 76-16.
Unknown Florida manuscript
Typed manuscript of preface, chapters 1 through 29, and back matter of Unknown Florida: The Caloosahatchee Counties--Glades, Hendry and Lee by Florence Fritz. Manuscript contains handwritten and typed corrections of the author. The work was published in 1963 as Unknown Florida by the University of Miami Press.
Van Brunt business records
West Yellow Pine Lumber Company Records, 1855-1916
The West Yellow Pine Company records include correspondence, letterpress books, time books, invoices, account records, lumber orders, lumber reports, and railway waybills. The collection also includes the records of the Madison Southern Railway, owned by the West Yellow Pine Company.
William F. Hankins Collection
William J. Howey Scrapbook
The scrapbook of William J. Howey provides a clear exposition of the activities of the Republican party in Florida during 1928 when he ran for governor of the state. It contains newspaper clippings pertaining to his political opponents, economic conditions, and the development of the citrus industry in Florida.
Also known as MSS 0-143.
William Thomas (W. T.) Cash Papers
A collection of papers by William Thomas (W.T.) Cash. Notably, this collection contains the manuscript for his book Biennials. Personal business ledgers and other short manuscripts are also housed in this collection.
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 66
- Florida--History 38
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 15
- Manuscripts 14
- Florida--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 13
- Correspondence 11
- Legal documents. 7
- Leon County (Fla.) 7
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 6
- Florida--History--1821-1865 6
- Antebellum Florida, 1845-1861 5
- Citrus fruit industry 5
- Newspapers 5
- Tallahassee (Fla.)--History 5
- Business enterprises--Florida 4
- Cotton 4
- Deeds 4
- Depression and the New Deal Years in Florida, 1930-1941 4
- Financial Records 4
- Photographs 4 + ∧ less
- Confederate States of America 8
- Florida. Governor 5
- Collins, LeRoy 4
- Adams, Tom, 1917- 2
- Bryant, Farris, 1914-2002 2
- Caldwell, Millard Fillmore, 1897-1984 2
- Carlton, Doyle Elam, 1885-1972 2
- Creek Nation 2
- Davis, Jefferson 1808-1889 2
- Holland, Spessard L. (Spessard Lindsey), 1892-1971 2
- Johns, Charley 2
- Milton, John, 1807-1865 2
- Moseley, William D. 2
- Warren, Fuller, 1905-1973 2
- Abrams, Alex. St. Clair (Alexander St. Clair) 1
- Allen, D. J. 1
- Ambler, Brush & Fairbanks 1
- Andersonville Prison 1
- Arkus, Harry M. 1
- Askew, Reubin O'D., 1928-2014 1 + ∧ less