Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
This collection consists of two scrapbooks covering Tallahassee and Florida history for over a century, 1861-1961. The first scrapbook, "Chronology of Tallahassee and Florida History," consists of newspaper clippings and original documents including an aerial photograph of the Florida Capitol, the by-laws of the United Confederate Veterans, photographs of St. Johns Episcopal Church, and a pen and ink drawing of Wakulla Springs. The second scrapbook contains newspaper clippings and original documents such as inaugural programs. This second scrapbook deals with Florida governors, U.S. Presidents, and local Tallahassee history.
Items found in this collection include the personal papers of Guyte McCord, consisting of correspondence, records of the Tallahassee Historical Society, newspaper clippings, articles, and papers relating to Judge James B. Whitfield. Also included in the collection are the official programs of the inaugurations of five Florida governors, miscellaneous publications, and typescripts of manuscripts published in issues of "Tallahassee Historical Society Annual."
Also known as MSS 0-181.
- African Americans--Florida 1
- Correspondence 1
- Florida--History 1
- Florida--Politics and government--1865-1950 1
- Florida. Governor (1955-1961 : Collins) 1
- Mayors--Florida--Tallahassee 1
- Photographs 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- United Confederate Veterans. 1
- Wakulla Springs (Fla.) 1 ∧ less
- Collins, LeRoy 1
- Fleming, Francis P. (Francis Philip), 1841-1908 1
- Florida State Capitol (Tallahassee, Fla.) 1
- McCord, Guyte P. 1
- St. John's Episcopal Church (Tallahassee, Fla.) 1