Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
This collection relates to Diana Naylor Morgan who served as a junior USO hostess in New Jersey during World War II. The collection includes an oral interview with Morgan, news articles, photographs, and letters sent to her from American and British soldiers deployed overseas during World War II.
In the letters, servicemen describe their day to day activities while deployed overseas, their locations, views on the Japanese, and opinions about the Atomic Bomb. A letter dated June 2, 1944, written by an American sailor Ernest Feasy was not censored; Feasy describes how he is waiting for D-Day to arrive.
This collection relates to the Reserve Officers Association and the experience of its members during World War Two.
This collection relates to Dr. Donald R. Roberts who served as a World War II surgeon with the 47th Regiment, 9th Infantry Division in North Africa and Europe. This collection contains his memoir titled The Other War: A World War II Journal where he details his time at Fort Bragg, in North Africa, Sicily, England, Normandy, Belgium, Germany, and Dachau.
Leonard J. Travaline (also spelled Traveline in some records) served in the United States Army as an Artilleryman from 1941 to 1945. He served with the 166th Field Artillery Battalion and later the 938th Field Artillery Battallion in the Mediterranean and European Theaters. He served as a front line observer in Oran, North Africa, Italy, France, Germany, and Austria. The collection contains a transcribed daily journal that Travaline kept from the time of his landing in North Africa until the end of the war and his arrival back in the States in September 1945.
This collection relates to Sergeant Edward A. Treacy who served with the 815th Engineer Aviation Battalion in England, Algeria, Tunisia, Sicily, and Italy during World War II. The collection includes memoirs, oral history interview, documents, photographs, artifacts, and an M-44 U.S. Army uniform jacket.
This collection relates to Wilhelmina C. "Billie" Weezenaar who served as a U.S. Army Nurse during World War II in the United States, Oran, Algeria, and England. The collection contains a photograph album with pictures and captions, a letter of commendation and other war documents, foreign currency, unit patches, rank insignia, and newspaper articles. Also included in the collection are documents related to war service and nursing, a personell list of the 151st Station Hospital, an autograph book, personal letters, primarily from patients and colleagues, photographs, and a portrait.
- Oran (Algeria) 4
- World War, 1939-1945 4
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Italy 3
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Italy--Sicily 3
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American 3
- Anzio, Battle of, Anzio, Italy, 1944 2
- Fort Bragg (N.C.) 2
- Kasserine Pass, Battle of, Tunisia, 1943 2
- Nordhausen (Thuringia, Germany) 2
- Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on, 1941 2
- United States--Armed Forces--Nurses--Biography 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Africa 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Belgium 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Europe 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--France 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--France--Normandy 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Germany 2
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Italy--Arno River Valley 2 ∧ less
- United States. Army 2
- Camp Blanding (Fla.) 1
- Charles Henderson (Ship) 1
- Dr. Corbin Treacy 1
- Great Britain Royal Navy 1
- Johns Hopkins University 1
- Morgan, Diana Naylor, 1927- 1
- Roberts, Donald R., Dr., 1912-1986 1
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 1
- Travaline, Leonard J. , 1918-2011 1
- Treacy, Edward A. 1
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 1
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers 1
- United States. Army. European Theater of Operations 1
- United States. Army. Infantry Division, 9th 1
- United States. Army. Mediterranean Theater of Operations 1
- United States. Army. Women's Army Corps 1
- United States. Navy 1
- Walsh, Helen E. , 1914-2007 1
- Weezenaar, Wilhelmina C. "Billie", July 3, 1905-July 23, 1996 1 ∧ less