Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
This collection includes letters, photocopies of 2 personal scrapbooks, and photographs related to Dell Dinneen who served as a U.S. Army nurse during World War II in the European and Mediterranean Theaters with the 61st Field Hospital.
Donald Nelson served in the 59th Armored Field Artillery Battalion, 6th Armored Division and the 36th Field Artillery in the European (ETO), North African, and Mediterranean Theaters. Nelson was a technician, 5th grade (medic). The collection includes a memoir of his experience covering the period January 27,1942 to October 30, 1945.
Leonard J. Travaline (also spelled Traveline in some records) served in the United States Army as an Artilleryman from 1941 to 1945. He served with the 166th Field Artillery Battalion and later the 938th Field Artillery Battallion in the Mediterranean and European Theaters. He served as a front line observer in Oran, North Africa, Italy, France, Germany, and Austria. The collection contains a transcribed daily journal that Travaline kept from the time of his landing in North Africa until the end of the war and his arrival back in the States in September 1945.
The collection of William R. Lueders contains an oral history transcript of an interview provided by the Reichelt Program for Oral History. Lueders served in the U.S. Army during World War II as a cameraman in the 163rd Signal Photo Company in the North African, Mediterranean, and European (ETO) Theaters. The collection also includes two photographs of an unnamed concentration camp in France and a Veteran's questionnaire.
- United States. Army Ground Forces 3
- World War, 1939-1945 3
- World War, 1939-1945--Austria 3
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Africa, North 3
- World War, 1939-1945--Mediterranean Region 3
- Oran (Algeria) 2
- United States. Army--History 2
- United States. Army--Military life 2
- Anzio, Battle of, Anzio, Italy, 1944 1
- Ardennes, Battle of the, 1944-1945 1
- Artillery--History 1
- Camp Blanding (Fla.) 1
- Camp Gordon (DeKalb County, Ga.) 1
- Camp Grant (Ill.) 1
- Camp Shelby (Miss.) 1
- Diary 1
- Fort Leonard Wood (Mo.) 1
- Fort Snelling (Minn.) 1
- Prisoners of war 1 ∧ less
- United States. Army 3
- Dinneen, Dell 1
- Hitler, Adolf, 1889-1945. 1
- Lueders, William L. 1
- Travaline, Leonard J. , 1918-2011 1