Showing Collections: 1651 - 1664 of 1664
The collection consists of letters and postcards written by Harry L. Lewis who served with the U.S. Army’s 158th Postal Company that was deployed to England and later France. The collection also consists of several additional letters and postcards from other Patterson residents to Lawrence Anderson of Patterson, New Jersey.
This collection relates to George Ronald Wiszneauckas who served as a Captain in the U.S. Army as a Signal Officer for the 81st Infantry Division. This collection contains brochures from Camp San Luis Obispo, Camp Rucker, New Caledonia and other Pacific islands. The collection also includes newsletters from The Wildcat, a military newsletter, Japanese Naval binoculars, and military documents.
This collection relates to Alan and Rita Wold. Alan served as a Staff Sergeant with Company F, 60th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Division in the European Theater during World War II. He received the Bronze Star Medal, Combat Infantryman Badge, and Silver Star Medal. Rita Wold attended high school in Cleveland, Ohio during the war. The collection contains photographs, military documents, personal documents, marriage papers, and medals.
Manuscript letter written Feb. 6, 1865 "On the lines near Richmond" to Mrs. M.S. Wood from her husband; written on both sides, 2 sheets are both torn into 4 pieces by wear; letter in poor condition, faded, discolored, and badly worn.
Also known as MSS 0-271.
This collection consists of two groups of items. There are three army regulations post cards dated "Somewhere in France," which are acknowledgement of thanks from soldiers at the front, and they are addressed to Miss C. Tracey at Erie, Pennsylvania, 1918. The other part of this collection is a newspaper, The Stars and Stripes, dated Tuesday, May 8, 1945, with headlines "Nazis Quit." With the newspaper are two arm bands of the Nazi armed forces, one red and black and one black on yellow.
This collection consists of six letters from Richard Bruce Worley, a U.S. Navy fireman who entered the service in 1944 and spent most of his time in northern and central California. The letters, dating from November of 1944 to June of 1945, are written to his parents in Ohio and describe a variety of his experiences living on army bases.
This collection pertains to Corporal Wrightson Ely Clinton Sr., who served in the 116th Field Artillery Battalion of the United States Army National Guard's 31st Infantry Division. He served in the Netherland East Indies and the Philippines from 1944 to 1945 as a clerk of the Battery.
This collection consists of one half-box, primarily containing photographs and artifacts he was issued, collected, or awarded during his service. It also includes correspondence with his family, separation papers, scanned copies of the original scrapbook his photographs were stored in, and rosters of servicemen from his battalion.
This collection relates to former Florida State University History professor Edward Davis Wynot, items are from his personal collection. The collection contains multi-media items about World War II including VHS sets and DVDs. This collection also includes a World War I helmet.
This collection relates to First Lieutenant Kay Arton Young who served in the U.S. Army Air Corps in the Pacific Theater of Operations during World War II. This collection contains a biography written by his daughter Nalani Young Wight, photographs of Kay, and a veteran questionnaire.
Hugh Zeigler served with the 454th Heavy Bomb Aviation Ordnance Company, handling and caring for bombs, during World War II in the Philippine Islands. He was captured there by the Japanese and spent the remainder of the war in a POW camp. This collection consists of an oral history interview transcript conducted on January 6, 2000.
These papers relate to Sergeant Alfred Zenger who served in the U.S. Army in the 297th Infantry in Alaska, the Pacific, and in India. The collection contains one book on the history of the 297th Infantry, one manuscript, and a collection of newsletters.
This collection relates to U.S. Navy Signalman 1st Class Phillip King Zimmerman who served aboard the U.S.S. Boston as a part of the first crew and the U.S.S. Baltimore heavy cruisers during World War II in the Pacific Theater. This collection includes two logbooks that Phillip Zimmerman maintained during his tour aboard the Boston , information relating to Zimmerman’s oral history, photographs from service, two of his hats, and ephemera.
This oral history interview transcript relates to Abraham Zuckerman who was a concentration camp survivor from Krakow, Poland during World War II and worked as a slave laborer for Oskar Schindler.
- FSU Special Collections & Archives 952
- Institute on WWII and the Human Experience 677
- Allen Music Library Special Collections 26
- FSU College of Law Research Center 4
- The John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art Archives 3
- Florida State University Libraries. Manuscripts Collections 531
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage & University Archives 339
- World War, 1939-1945 316
- Correspondence 138
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 120
- Photographs 118
- Manuscripts 115
- Programs 100
- World War, 1939-1945--Personal narratives, American 98
- World War, 1939-1945--Germany 93
- World War, 1939-1945--United States 89
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 70
- Pamphlets 64
- United States. Army--Military life 61
- United States. Army--History 60
- United States. Army Ground Forces 58
- World War, 1939-1945--Campaigns--Italy 58
- Scrapbooks 53
- Invitation cards. 52
- Reports 47 ∧ less
- English 1652
- French 16
- German 8
- Japanese 4
- Spanish; Castilian 4
- Italian 2
- Multiple languages 2
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Egyptian (Ancient) 1
- Greek, Ancient (to 1453) 1
- Hebrew 1
- Latin 1
- Russian 1
- Sumerian 1
- Undetermined 1
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 1 ∧ less
- Florida State College for Women 142
- Florida State University Libraries. Heritage Protocol & University Archives 135
- United States. Army. European Theater of Operations 86
- United States. Army 74
- United States. Army Air Forces 51
- United States. Navy 38
- Confederate States of America 35
- Conradi, Edward, 1869-1944 29
- University of Florida 24
- Campbell, Doak S. (Doak Sheridan), 1888-1973. 23
- Florida Flambeau 23
- Florida. Governor 23
- Florida State College for Women--Sports 21
- American Red Cross 20
- Collins, LeRoy 19
- F Club 19
- Florida State University. Flying High Circus 18
- Florida State University. Artist Series 17
- MacArthur, Douglas, 1880-1964 17
- Roosevelt, Franklin D. (Franklin Delano), 1882-1945 17 ∧ less